Care Agency North Devon
Local Care Agency
Exmoor Community Care is a local care agency in North Devon. There are several benefits to receiving care while living at home. Since the outlook and perception of individuals is an integral element of well-being, having individuals remain in a familiar environment surrounded by loved ones, keeps them positive, stress-free and independent.
We are CQC registered and have achieved an ‘outstanding’ rating. As a result, you can rest assured we provide safe, respectful and reliable services.
Statement Of Purpose & Ownership
Exmoor Community Care offers a unique care service in the community and surrounding areas. Exmoor Community Care’s office is located in the village of Lynton.
Our services provide practical support and day-to-day human contact to individuals in vulnerable situations, enabling them to stay in the familiar surroundings of their own home.
We provide care to individuals financed by their Local Authority, individuals who are self funding (private) or those on Direct Payments.
Care and support is provided by highly skilled, competent care workers.
The agency commits to:
- Working with each client, social workers, relatives, carers (as appropriate) and all others associated with his/her care towards identifying, implementing and reviewing a personal care plan which adequately reflects his/her needs at any one time, after consent is agreed.
- Promoting independent living, working within the client’s range of abilities and competencies;
- Delivering care, in the client’s home in a manner which is non-discriminatory, sensitive to the cultural needs of the client and respectful of their environment and traditions;
- Providing a high-quality flexible, responsive and non-intrusive service that is tailored to the needs of the individual;
- Ensuring that confidential information is protected at all times and only shared with others strictly in accordance with its policy on confidentiality;
- Working in partnership with other agencies involved in care in order to ensure a seamless and cost-effective service.
- Adults with physical disabilities
- Frail elderly people
- Elderly mentally infirm people
- People with long term medical conditions
- People in need of rehabilitation or support following hospital discharge
- People with sensory loss
- People with terminal illness
**Please note: people is inclusive of adults over 18
Ethos and philosophy
Exmoor Community Care believes that the following statements best describe the values within which we seek to operate on a daily basis.
We believe that each client in our care has the fundamental right to:
- Be regarded as an individual and given our special attention
- Be cared for by people who are capable of understanding their needs and competent to meet those needs
- Be treated equally, and no less favourably than others
- Receive respect and understanding regarding their cultural, religious and spiritual beliefs
- Receive prompt attention in relation to all of their healthcare needs
- Be safe and always know that “someone cares”
- Be informed about all important decisions that affect them, and to have a say
- Be afforded privacy for themselves and their belongings
- Have the opportunity to think independently, and make their own choices
- Complain about anything they feel is unfair or unjust, and to have that complaint listened and responded to.
The nature of the services provided
The agency employs care workers and provides a comprehensive range of domiciliary care services directly to the client.
Care may be provided in the following areas:
- Practical help, and domestic tasks
- Personal care
- Waking nights
People for whom care is provided
Care will be provided to those individuals, in need, who approach the agency directly, or are referred to us.
Care will be provided on the clear understanding that:
- The needs of each individual have been carefully assessed;
- Those needs fall into the general classifications of care for which the agency has been registered; and
- The workforce of the agency has the competence and experience to handle those individual cases calling for specialist help and support (either immediately, or following specific training).
The Details· of the Registered Provider, Registered Manager and Responsible Person
Registered Provider, Registered Manager & Responsible Person
Exmoor Community Care
9, Queen Street, Lynton,
N. Devon EX35 6AA
Qualifications & Experience:
- 45 years experience in Health & Social Care
I hold the following certificates:
- IOSH Managing Safety
- MCA Gold standard framework
- Diabetic awareness level 2
- Consent training
- Lead for infection Control
- Fire Training in Care Homes
- Nutrition, Hydration & Swallowing
- Palliative care
- Safe Guarding Adults
- Mental capacity Act/Dols Alerter
- Key Trainer for Moving & Handling
- D33/D33 Vocation Assessor
- Basic food hygiene
- Dignify & Person centered care
- Preventing Falls & fractures
- Staff Appraisal & supervision skills
- Accu-chek Blood glucose monitoring
- Recruitment & Selection
- Care of-Medicines
- Risk assessments & handling plans for moving & handling
- Community Infection Control
Complaints and suggestions
The agency has written and implemented a policy/procedure for dealing with any complaints about the service.